0 votes
get an fha loan while I live in another state. I am moving to florida and live in ct but won't be moving till next July. can i buy before I leave or do I have to be a resident
asked Aug 30, 2017 in Refinancing by CarrotTop64

1 Answer

0 votes
You would have to prove that you have a promise of employment when you arrive. See https://themortgagereports.com/8812/offer-letter-mortgage-income-approval. With FHA, you would have to move into the home soon after closing. Otherwise, you might be able to buy the home as an investment property with a conventional loan, but that would require a large down payment. The best way to do it is to buy after you move there and start your new job.
answered Aug 30, 2017 by TheLoanGal (60 points)

Related questions

514 questions
654 answers
884 users