LAST UPDATED: October 31 2014
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you visit the Site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse the Site.
- Personal Information You Choose to Provide. You can generally visit the Site without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, in certain sections of the Site and when you use our Services, we may enable you to request quotes or information, complete a registration form, or perform other similar activities. Due to the nature of some of these activities, we may collect personally identifiable information that you choose to submit such as your name, contact data (address, email address, phone number), financial information and other similar information. We may also collect additional personally identifiable information that you voluntarily include in your interactions with the Site or transmit with your communications to us.
- Web Site Use Information. By using the Site, we automatically collect non-personally identifiable information from your computer and about your activities on the Site via standard Internet technologies such as cookies and web server logs, described in more detail below in the “Cookies” section. This information may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at the Site, activities conducted on the Site and the websites visited just before and just after the Site. We also work with third-party vendors and partners in operating and improving the Site and managing our advertising, described in more detail below in the “Third Party Vendors” section.
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
As you use the Site, the website uses its cookies to differentiate you from other users. Cookies, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting the Site and which parts of the Site are most popular. This helps us gather feedback in order to constantly improve the Site and better serve our customers. Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information about you and we do not generally store any personal information that you provided to us in your cookies.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
We may use and/or disclose your information as follows:
- We use the information we collect to provide the Services, administer our business activities and provide customer service.
- We may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to the Site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers.
- If you make an inquiry or request information about products or services offered via the Site, we will share the personal information contained in your request form (such as your full name, address, telephone number, etc.) with third parties in our partner network to process and fulfill your request. By submitting your request, you understand that our business partners may contact you by telephone, automated calling, mobile device, email, or regular mail based on the information you provided to us in order to process and fulfill your request, even if you have opted into the National Do Not Call List administered by the Federal Trade Commission, any state equivalent Do Not Call List, or the Do Not Call List of an internal company. By providing your email address to us, you understand that our business partners may contact you by email based on the information you provided to us in order to process and fulfill your request. If one of our business partners contacts you and you wish not to be contacted again by that partner with respect to your inquiry, then you should specifically make a request to that partner not to contact you again. Please note that our partners may maintain the information you provided whether you elect to use their services.
- We also use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our partners and other third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with business activities.
- As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution.
THIRD PARTY VENDORS
We use Google Analytics on the Site; information on how this collects and processes data can be found at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. In addition, we have enabled certain Google Analytics advertising features that utilize cookies. These features enable us to obtain certain demographic and interests data for visitors to the Site. You can opt out of these features by visiting https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads.
We may use Google AdWords remarketing to trigger advertisements across the Internet. AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of the Site you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANYWAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google AdWords remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you. If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords remarketing, you can opt out by visiting https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/.
In addition, we may utilize other online ad networks that place anonymous cookies on your computer, and use similar technologies, in order to understand your interests based on your (anonymous) online activities, and thus to tailor more relevant ads to you. If you do not wish to receive such tailored advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ to opt out of most companies that engage in such advertising. This will not prevent you from seeing ads; the ads simply will not be delivered through these targeting methods.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTY VENDORS.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our Site, the users of our Site, and/or our affiliated parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our Site, us, or third parties.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We may employ procedural and technological security measures that are reasonably designed to help protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
ACCESS & CONTROL
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by clicking here and following the instructions to unsubscribe. Please note that we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of third parties with which we have shared your personal information (i.e., to which we have already provided your personal information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from these third parties, please contact them directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms in their privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not structured to attract children. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.