+1 vote
Hello, my daughter is going through a divorce, her husband is insisting the house be sold in order to remove his name from note. At this time, she cannot refinance in her name. My husband and I put $14,000 on home for download payment. How can we help her keep the home and remove him ?
asked Aug 30, 2017 in Conventional Loans by KC1965

1 Answer

0 votes
You might try using a Freddie Mac refinance loan, which allows non-occupant cosigners. You can be on the loan -- which makes you liable for the payments -- but not live in the home. A Freddie Mac loan is a type of conventional financing and is available from most lenders in the U.S.
answered Aug 30, 2017 by Chuck Yates (200 points)

Welcome to The Mortgage Reports Q&A Forum. Have your questions answered by experienced mortgage and real estate professionals.

Related questions

+1 vote
2 answers
+1 vote
2 answers
asked Dec 31, 2017 in Refinancing by anonymous
515 questions
662 answers
883 users