+1 vote
asked Nov 27, 2017 in USDA Loans by anonymous

2 Answers

+1 vote
It sounds as though you are asking about an easement. That is, a recorded right for someone, either a neighbor, or in some cases, the public, to access your land. For example, your neighbor may need to cross your property to enter hers. or a public hiking trail might traverse some of your acreage.

Easements are not uncommon, and don't usually cause problems when you buy a home. USDA guidelines simply state that "A survey is usually required by the title insurance company to remove the
exclusions from coverage related to boundaries, encroachments, easements and other matters
when issuing an owner’s title policy." If you can get title insurance on a property, you should be able to get a mortgage.
answered Nov 29, 2017 by GinaPogol (47,650 points)
0 votes
You should not have an issue
answered Feb 10, 2018 by GustanCho (106,540 points)
514 questions
654 answers
884 users