+1 vote
asked Aug 30, 2017 in Refinancing by Mitch McConnel (210 points)

2 Answers

+1 vote
Conventional (non-government) loans do not have standard streamline refinance programs. The HARP is the closest thing to a streamline loan available, and not everyone is eligible. For future borrowers, there will be a "high-balance' refinance offered by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (for loans closing after October 1, 2017), but there is currently nothing for those with Fannie mae or Freddie mac loans that closed after May 31, 2009. If you are having problems refinancing because of little-to-no equity, your best option may be contacting your loan servicer and seeing if it offers a refinance or modification. If you are having problems making your mortgage payments, your mortgage insurer, if you have one, may assist you with a claim advance -- a payment to bring past-due amounts current.
answered Aug 30, 2017 by GinaPogol (47,650 points)
0 votes
FHA and VA LOANS are the two loan programs that offer streamline refinance with no appraisal or income required.
answered Feb 7, 2018 by GustanCho (106,540 points)
514 questions
654 answers
884 users