0 votes
asked Aug 9, 2018 in General Financing by Michael
edited Sep 24, 2018 by GinaPogol

1 Answer

0 votes
Manufactured homes can be financed without HUD tags, but you need to get the home certified by HUD.

Here's what HUD says:

HUD Labels (Tags)
Label Verification

If the certification label (also known as a HUD tag) is missing from a home, the Department does not reissue labels for manufactured homes. However, the Department can issue a Letter of Label Verification for units for which it can locate the necessary historical information. The label numbers can be found on a data plate inside the home in one of three locations: on or near the main electrical panel, in a kitchen cabinet, in a bedroom closet. The data plate has a map of the United States to let the consumer know the Wind Zone, Snow Load, and Roof Load for which their home was built.

You may request a Letter of Label Verification from the Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS). You may also contact IBTS’ Label Department at (703) 481-2010 or via fax at: (703) 437-6894.

Thank for writing, and good luck.
answered Sep 10, 2018 by GinaPogol (47,650 points)

Welcome to The Mortgage Reports Q&A Forum. Have your questions answered by experienced mortgage and real estate professionals.
515 questions
662 answers
883 users