+2 votes
State of Florida
asked Jun 22 in General Financing by Chris

2 Answers

+1 vote
Yes it is possible to obtain a mortgage with a civil lien. Are you currently making payments on it? Does this lien show up on your credit report? I would need a little more information from you to answer this better. Please reach out to Mike Gracz on 630-659-7644 or email me at mgracz@usa-mortgage.com
answered Jun 22 by MikeGracz (16,780 points)
0 votes
Yes you can. Michael Gracz is correct. However, you need a written payment agreements with the judgment creditor. You also need to make three payments and provide three canceled checks to your lender. You cannot pre-pay the three months upfront. Or you can qualified for a mortgage and pay off the judgment at closing. You can always negotiate on the judgment. Here is an article I wrote on qualifying for FHA Loan with outstanding judgments. https://gustancho.com/fha-loan-with-judgment
answered Jun 22 by GustanCho (106,540 points)
487 questions
644 answers
884 users