+2 votes
All I can find on the internet about this question is that the contractor just needs to be licensed and insured, however, my current mortgage broker is telling me that relatives cannot be used as your contractor to do renovations with a 203K loan. If he is incorrect can you please attach documentation as proof that relatives can in fact be used as the active contractor.
asked Apr 15, 2018 in FHA Loans by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
You cannot be your own general contractor and the general contractor needs to be arms length transaction on HUD FHA 203k Loans.
answered Apr 15, 2018 by GustanCho (106,540 points)

Welcome to The Mortgage Reports Q&A Forum. Have your questions answered by experienced mortgage and real estate professionals.

Related questions

515 questions
662 answers
883 users